Thursday, February 7, 2013

Material 1 Art Influence



There are many decorative pieces in early art. Looking at these pieces can help you improve your own art by observing balance and composition in its original forms. Many of these artists have found ways to emphasize forms in simpler ways. You can see this in the figure of a woman from the Cycladic Islands. The proportions found in the human form are only emphasized in this piece. You can see similar things done in modern art like Antony Gormley’s sculptures. We can also see many artist creating pieces that resemble Egyptian art, like Adam Henein. What I found most helpful was how all early artists worked more graphically then realistically. They found ways to tell a story by using flat graphic forms, rather than realistic renderings. I think it is very important to understand that kind of work, because it can help improve understanding how different styles can make your art more aesthetically pleasing. I also found architecture in early civilizations interesting. All the thought and planning that went into those structures was incredible. I have a strong interest in 3D environmental modeling, and the architecture I have seen in earlier times has been very influential. I will try and take what I have learned and apply it to my models.  

No comments:

Post a Comment